Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tomato Days 2017-Heirloom Tomato and Vegetable Plant Sales


I admit "Tomato Days" is not a creative name for my plant sales which begin on May 20th this year.
Perhaps it is because the Tree and Twig name has confused people for so many years, I thought I would just say it like it is.
So it is a tomato plant sale for sure. 500 or so varieties, black, brown, blue, green, white, yellow orange, pink, purple, stripes, speckles, blushes, fuzzy, waxy, minuscule and monstrous. Early, mid season and late. Dwarf varieties, determinate and indeterminate. Oh yes, and red...how did I forget that. Lots of reds, yet to be listed here.


If you haven't been out to my sale before let me tell you what to expect.
I open at 8 am, Saturday May 20th, and stay open for about a month or so selling plants.
If you come on the opening Saturday morning, expect a rush and a lot of people. I do my best to talk to people and help with selections, but it is the most difficult time to get my attention as I am always helping someone. I have thousands of plants, so there is no rush to be here Saturday unless you know exactly what you want.

I have lots of plants, but not huge quantities of everything. Some of the most popular varieties you will find in good quantity, like Pineapple, San Marzano and Beefsteak. Other lesser known varieties are here in smaller quantities and I know I have some varieties that people won't select, a shame really, because as I tell everyone who asks "what's good?", they all are!

The plants are all organized by colour and again organized alphabetically within those categories.
I have master plant lists with descriptions that you can look at while you are here, but I ask that they remain here so everyone can use them.

Hmm, did mom do a good job on this one?
I have a small legion of family and friends helping out on the first day and they will do their best to assist you. But please be patient, they don't know the tomatoes the way I do and will seek me out to find out the answers to your questions.

In addition to tomatoes, well, there's lots of wonderful things for your garden. I have loads of sweet peppers and hot peppers as well as some interesting eggplants. I have ground cherries and cape gooseberries, kales, lettuces, chards, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumbers, squash, mouse melons, herbs, sweet potatoes, flowers and more. I also will be selling seeds for many things such as lettuce mix, carrots, chard, beans, beets and more again.

If you can bring your own box or flat to carry your plants, that would be a good idea.
The plants in the larger pots remain $4.00. I do not take credit cards or debit, just cash, personal cheque or if need be etransfer. The closest bank is in Smithville or Fenwick.

My road is quite busy on the Victoria Day weekend, so I ask if possible that you do not park on the road, but rather across the road on the grassy lane near the church. There will be signs directing you.

If you are having trouble finding me and have a GPS, my address can be entered as 74038 Creek Road, Wainfleet.

There will be other vendors here too, including coffee and treats, perennial plants, alpaca goods, preserves, honey and hop plants.

One additional note: I love, love love dogs, but if you could please not bring yours to my farm on this weekend, it would be best. It scares my cats and chickens and gets my dogs riled. Thanks.

I have been working hard and the plants are looking good. I look so forward to welcoming you!





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I love this content. Thanks for sharing your helpful experience. Click Here

Do my Essay Now said...

I have ace plant records with portrayals that you can take a gander at while you are here, yet I ask that they stay here so everybody can utilize them.

Someone Do My Essay for me said...

In the event that you require your scholastic paper (of any sort and scholarly level) to be proficient as quickly as time permits, EssayShark is precisely what you require.

Unknown said...

The solace and security of utilizing our administration is cared for by our group. Consequently, nobody can discover you've utilized our assistance. By enrolling with us, the two clients (naturally) and authors are offered monikers to make their utilization of our administration more profitable and private. Please Do My Essay for Me

dmin said...

Neha Kakkar is a present day breathtaking playback artist, artist, and on-screen character in the India. She is a standout amongst the most well known among the Bollywood playback artists. As of now, Neha Kakkar has given her voice in bunches of mainstream melodies. Neha Kakkar

Charlotte Lola said...

The information you are providing that is really good. Thank for making and spending your precious time for this useful information. Thanks again and keep it up.

Top Tech Trends

Dreamworks Spooky Stories The Ghost Of Lord Farquaad said...

This is my first day on your blog and trust me I am loving all the content here. Simple, easy yet very informative content. I loved your work.