Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Open House December 4!


If you need something a little different for a Christmas gift, would like to buy some December fresh vegetables, and also have a peek inside my fields of green in the hoop houses, mark your calendar.

I'm having a little event on December the 4th from 10-2 pm and hope folks can make it out.

We did a lot of canning this year, so there will be preserves to buy, dressed up a bit for gift giving, and a good selection of gift baskets,  some with preserves, calendars and some with fabulous and unique heirloom seeds and just a bit more. If you have a gardener on your list, I will have copies of  Steven Biggs and Donna Balzac's "No Guff Gardening" available for purchase. It is a great book and would make an exceptional gift for either the beginning gardener or the seasoned gardener. It's just a good read and good fun.

There will be hand knit slippers and mitts, baking, a bit of art and a cup of warm cider to take the chill off. Maybe a bit more too....I'm working on it!


And don't forget. If you need fresh vegetables, I'm picking greens daily throughout the winter. After the frosts they are ultra sweet and fresh tasting, and a bit more appealing than what you may find in stores at this time of year (in my humble opinion).

The next blog post I write will be about what is happening in the hoop houses now and specific things I'm growing, but if you want to see and chat in person, come on out.

I look forward to seeing you. And don't forget Joey, my pig-on-a-diet loves any spare apples you may have hanging around!





No comments: