Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stuck


Ever feel stuck? Stalled or immobilized?

Stuck in a rut, in a job, in a relationship, in a mood?

Can't move. You're paralyzed.

Imagine how this little soul felt when he tried to get through a 1/2 " circle in a hard plastic planting box.

I'm so glad I found her.  It was really just a fluke of a thing. I looked in the right direction and there she was. Her gorgeous little brown eyes staring up at . Pleading silent. Help me, please.


She was wedged in pretty good. Her poor little bottom end just couldn't slip through.

What to do, what to do?

A few weepy moments then to the task at hand. It took me about 30 minutes to cut through the hard plastic with my secateurs. And ever so carefully as I approached her little body. I was so scared I would nip her.


But I freed her. She was in shock I think. I made her a nice little bed of straw to rest in, where it was safe.

When I came back she was gone. Scampered off I hope to do mousy little things. Survive.

Good luck little soul.

Turn to friends, I think that's the lesson. And friends might be those who you least suspect will help you.

We all need each other and can do good.

Why wouldn't we?

4 comments:

Norma from Misty Haven Alpacas said...

Awwwwwww. You made a difference in somebody's (little) life today ;)

Sherry said...

That photo of the tail section is priceless. You have now become a mouse super-heroine. The "tail" will be told for generations.

Melissa said...

Hi Linda, Melissa here from Food Bloggers of Canada. Just popping by to let you know we've added you to our member directory - welcome aboard. Loved your story - reminded me of that old fable where the mouse removes the thorn from the lion's paw. I'm glad she made it out!

Linda said...

Thanks all for reading. If I have to be a super-heroine, being a mouse saver one would work for me!