Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Saturday morning market

Rat tailed radish
I hope people will decide to stop by sometime this summer, fall and even winter to see what is happening here at Tree and Twig.
And summer it is!
The produce you can expect to find if you come out this Saturday is truly starting to look like summer goodies.
Zucchini and summer squash, peppers, tons of salad mix, lots of greens like kales, chards and collards. I'm going to pull out some fresh garlic, there is lots of lovely different basils, dill, perhaps even a few tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. How about rat tailed radishes, beets too!
My sister will be producing my pies- fresh raspberry and blueberry as well as muffins. Really wonderful....we're all gaining a little bit of weight with all the desserts. But, life is short. Eat pie!
I have preserve -wise 2010 strawberry and strawberry -rhubarb jam, as well as freshly made raspberry jam. This is made from my own organic fruit. Also Bee Baron honey-from right around the corner.

If you wish , I can put together a Veg basket for you, reminiscent of my CSA days.
I'll have my own eggs as well. But if you want eggs, you have to come early. They always sell out...sorry. The girls need to lay a bit faster!
I'm also making multi grain bread. If you come early enough it will still be nice and warm from the oven....and Veggieville (my veg stand name) will smell delish!
Hope to see folks make the trek out. And because it's here, if I sell out of veggies, the garden is closeby. You can't get fresher than that!

No comments: