Monday, March 1, 2010

Greens available now! (even if they are purple!)

I haven't taken a break this year from growing, even though the pressure is far less in the winter. Just think, no watering, no pest problems, no disease and beautiful fresh greens the winter through! Ahh- I love it!

Now, with the imminent return of spring, things are growing rapidly.
So, if you called and I was sold out of greens earlier in the season, please try again. It is also now time to get new crops in the greenhouses, so out with the winter ones and in with the spring ones-lots of greens to go.

I also have gourmet- fed chickens, who are supplying me with gorgeous eggs- thanks to The Wildflower and Inn on the Twenty for your kitchen scraps! So if eggs are in your future, consider this..my chickens eat greens year round, are true free range, not exposed to a concrete pad, or barn all day. They even have their own greenhouse for inclement weather. And when they are finished their laying career, they live out their retirement years here . That's it- we don't thank them by eating them!
So come by for a basket o' greens just in time for St Paddy's day !

No comments: