Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fall/Winter CSA Week 15 and 2013 CSA Stuff!


Today was the final delivery of my 2012 CSA adventure. And I guess it should be, considering the year itself finished up two weeks ago. 3 complete seasons, 45 weeks in total. Pretty cool.

Amazing to think that on the weekend we were pulling the nice sweet little beets that were in the baskets...a veritable heat wave upon us!

That sure changed today, and the cold of the wash water was tough to take. But I do feel we all lucked out a bit. I was very worried that my delivery days would be affected by snowstorms, or that extreme cold would freeze the veggies as they waited for shareholder pickups. None of that at all, thank goodness.

Now it's time to consider the CSA for 2013.
First off I am going to take a little bit of time to catch up on some of the things I am so very far behind on, so I won't do any deliveries for several weeks until my seeds are cleaned, packed and ready for seed sales and Seedy Saturday season.
If folks are interested in coming to pick a basket up over this time, that is no problem at all. I have lots and lots of lovely greens-mustards of all varieties, arugulas, chards, kales and collards. Just give a call and I'll get it ready!
I'll begin deliveries again in February...you can sign up for individual weeks as I post them here, on my website and on Facebook, without any week to week commitment.
The formal summer CSA will begin again at the end of May/beginning of June after the craziness of plant sales is behind me. I'll again deliver into Fonthill and St Catharines for 15 weeks, then there will be a summer/fall CSA session immediately following for another 15 weeks.


I am offering only a limited number of shares this year, wanting to downsize things just a little bit. I'm contacting all my 2012 shareholders to find out who is returning, but in the meantime, please send me an email if you are interested. I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of my 2012 CSA('s). I hope you've enjoyed the food, I've been honoured to work for you!





No comments: